Monday, September 20, 2010

Da-Da-Da- Dayton OH

The only definite plans that I have made on this trip were to start off with a visit to see my family in West Virginia and a visit to my sister in Dayton. So On Saturday morning I got in the jeep and started on route 35 towards Dayton. First stop my nephew Austin's third grade football game. I try and make it to at least one football game a year, and it is always a good time watching the little guys running around. After the football game my sister had to help 3 of her other kids get ready for their homecoming dance. My sister has a total of 6 kids, 5 that still live at home. I have come to realize that my sister my be the Mother Teresa of Dayton. I was just glad that I was able to help her out, go to Kroger's, pick kids up, take pictures for homecoming so she could relax. Ummm my sister Karen and relax do not go into the same sentence, so let me rephrase. So she could enjoy the homecoming and telling the kids how to pose, while I snapped away.  Not only did she have Austin's football game, homecoming, she also had everyone over at the house later in the evening!

Whew she was already making me tired and it was not even 900pm. We did have a great night though and sit out by the bonfire, drank some wine, caught up and had some good laughs. It is nights like these I hate that I live so far away, and it is also nights like these when I am dead tired passed out on the couch with my flip flops on that I realize my sister quite possibly is super woman! Karen you Rock!!!

Sunday we made it to the Ohio Renaissance Festival. I can not lie. I have never been to one, and it was actually quite fun! I met a guy named Donal Hinely based out of Nashville. He actually could play just about any song requested using only water glasses. I have always heard of this, but never actually seen it done, and let me tell you  it was AMAZING....you should check him out! I def bought his CD for the road trip and I am looking forward to listening to it!It was pirate weekend, and there were many people dressed up! We went to old time comedy shows, jousting, shot a bow and arrow, watched the mud show, I drank Black velvets, took lots of pictures and just enjoyed the time with my sister! It was hot, but that was OK, we relaxed and stopped and sat under a shaded tree when we needed to. It was my kinda day, a sister day and I really enjoyed it!
The trip to Dayton, was more than I could of asked for. Tomorrow morning I feel like I start the real portion of the road trip. Tentatively I am supposed to be in Bismark, ND by late Tuesday night. I have no idea what route I am taking or for that matter how long it will even take me to get there. Tomorrow I leave what is familiar and do what I really need to do...go...all by myself. As you can see, I am so excited that I can not even sleep. The journey continues.........Peace and Love ~KT~

2 comments:

  1. and hey, get me the address for the Bismark, ND people. We have care pkg to send

    ReplyDelete