Thursday, September 9, 2010

the beginning of a new Chapter...... No better time than your 29th Birthday..

(An E-mail sent out to explain a road trip that I am planning by myself as a gift to me for my 29th Birthday)

All that you've done becomes the judge of what you're going to do - especially in other people's minds. When you're traveling, you are what you are right there and then. People don't have your past to hold against you. No yesterdays on the road. ~William Least Heat Moon, Blue Highways


Approximately 28 years, 10months, and 28 days ago princess Kathryn Victoria Neeley was born (a joke with my sisters)... So what does this mean? It means that in approximately 1 month and 2 days it will be my 29th birthday party, and I can cry if I want to! No worries though, there will be no party, and there will be no crying! Instead this princess has decided to go on a solo rode trip for approx 3-4 weeks out West and I am requesting some participation from people whom are very important in my life....

The few plans that I do have consist of this: On approx September 15, I will be leaving GA, and headed to WV to visit with the family and friends for a few days, pick up some camping gear from anyone willing to loan, have some good home cooked food and quality time with the family and friends. Next, I plan on visiting my sister Karen and her family in Dayton for a day or two, than on to Minneapolis to visit a friend, and than on to Bismark, ND to visit another friend. From there and the next 2-3weeks it's kinda where ever my little heart desires.. Glacier National Park, Yellow Stone, Salt Lake City, and driving the Pacific Coast Highway are on the list...So this is the part that all of you come into play.

I am asking that in place of gifts, cards, Birthday wishes, that you take out a little of your time and make a CD for my road trip. From my calculations I will be driving somewhere around 5,560 miles....yeah, you heard me! Approx 300 hrs or more in the car! Sounds fun to me! And I would love nothing more than you to make me a personal CD...Anything you want, songs that remind you of me, of our friendship, of our childhood, or just songs that you think will be fun/sad/happy/enlightening to listen too!Maybe it is just your favorite music! Books on tape....basically whatever your little heart desires! I can think of nothing more that I would want for my 29th Birthday than a gift made from the heart! I am sure there will be some lonely times on the road and it will be comforting having your gift with me!

I do know that we all live in this crazy busy life! Some of you have kids, multiple kids, jobs, houses, and the list goes on and on of how our time is occupied! I will be truly grateful for those who can take the time out of your busy life to participate...If you have any questions or need help let me know! As I mentioned before I will be leaving GA on Approx Sept 15.

Katie

I LOOK FORWARD TO CHECKING MY MAIL FROM HERE UNTIL SEPT.15! HOPE EVERYONE IS WELL!

Love to all ~Katie~



Half the fun of the travel is the esthetic of lostness. ~Ray Bradbury

No comments:

Post a Comment